Saturday, March 10, 2012

What is my default phishing filter?

my pc keeps telling me that norton is not my default phishing filter and would i like to make it my filter ,is that something i should do or leave it as it is ,i dont know what my default phishing filter is.What is my default phishing filter?
If you're using IE7, then IE7 has a built-in phishing filter which would be your default. You can check that it is on by clicking Tools, Phishing Filter, Phishing Filter Settings. Scroll down near the bottom. You'll see the Phishing Filter heading, make sure there is a green dot next to "Turn On Automatic Website Checking".



The IE7 filter is considered to be very good. So, it's up to you if you want to switch it to Norton or not. Either filter will offer a layer of protection from fake websites.What is my default phishing filter?
good answer, but IE7 ! ( what is this/)



but serves the purpose very well, thanks

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment