Sunday, March 4, 2012

If I get a fake (phishing) email from someone claiming to be Ebay, Do I forward that on to Ebay?

I got one of those typical BS emails, please enter your account details to confirm your account blah blah blah.



Should that be forwarded on to Ebay? (if so to what address) Or should I just delete it, and get on with my life!If I get a fake (phishing) email from someone claiming to be Ebay, Do I forward that on to Ebay?
just email it to ebay
Sure forward it to them noone likes scammers.If I get a fake (phishing) email from someone claiming to be Ebay, Do I forward that on to Ebay?
Delete it and move on. eBay can't possibly control all of them. It's utterly pointless to inform them about it.
forward it to spoof@ebay.comIf I get a fake (phishing) email from someone claiming to be Ebay, Do I forward that on to Ebay?
I do...for both eBay and PayPal...forward it to "spoof@ebay.com". they will confirm that it is a phishing e-mail and say they will investigate and attempt to disable...no biggie, only takes a second, THEN delete it...
Do not forward.



Make a copy with complete header and send it inline to these addresses:



1) abuse@ebay.com

2) spam@uce.gov



You might want to consider membership in spamcop (see link).



Do not, however, have anything to do with SpamPoliceUSA which is a trick by spammers in the Philippines to get you to agree to be on many many more spamlists.
Delete and get on your life, they already knew there is this kind of scams going on.



If you something like paypal or your bank or ebay asking your verification or security question delete it before you open.
  • pop cap games
  • tagalog translator
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment